Monday 10 October 2011

Evaluation

My front page follows the forms and conventions of a real magazine, using methods such as including a barcode, a main image , a mast head which was spread across the top of the page in bold text, i made sure that the eyes on my main image were not covered by any text to gain a captive audience. Also my contents page contains the codes and conventions of a real magazine by using methods such as i organised the page into coloums with headings and page numbers, i then added a few smaller images and kept the bold masthead which spread across the page.
Throughout my front page and my contents i kept the same colour scheme and font. However i have challenged these forms and conventions as i did not use a proper background as i was not very familiar with the software we were using.

For creating my front cover we used adobe photoshop, which was a easy software to use however for my contents page we used quark Xpress which i wasnt very confident with because i had only used it twice before so it was all new too me. So i decided to experiment a bit with the software to gain more knowledge .

I found that i was more confident on photoshop than i was on quark Xpress as i had used it many times before and knew exactly what tools to use for certain aspects of my magazine cover. My other strengths in terms of forms and conventions were i was able to follow most of them using my own ideas and designs to create a good school magazine cover. Although i was confident in my front cover i was not so confident with the designs of my contents page as the software i was using was challenging and diffcult to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment